What is SEO?
SEO is search engine optimization. It is a process to get organic traffic to your website by optimizing your website. In simple words, SEO means to make certain changes to your webpage, its design, and content to attract more and more people. People get the services of SEO in the hope that their content will be ranked higher in search of google. People who provide this service of Search Engine Optimization are known as SEO consultants.
The job of SEO Consultants is to review, analyze, and improve websites, search engine performance, and incoming links in order to provide expert advice, guidance, actionable tasks, and recommendations to business owners seeking to earn more natural traffic.
Following are the responsibilities of an SEO consultant:
• He should know about the marketing objectives of his employer.
• He should be fully aware of webpage optimization.
• He should be able to identify technical SEO issues and ways to solve them.
• He should be well aware of the new trends in the field of SEO.
• He should be able to do a complete website audit.
• He needs to have copywriting skills as well because only then he will be able to write title and meta description.
• He should be well aware of the keywords research.
• He needs to be able to proofread the website make its content more enchanting.
• He needs to be a communicative person to explain the complexities of the website to the client.
• He must be aware of website functionality.
• He needs to be an expert as far as troubleshooting is concerned.
• He should be well aware of the needs of social media marketing.
• He should be able to explain the advantages of SEO to his employer.
Skills an SEO consultant must have:
People usually think SEO consultants only work on titles and meta descriptions but this is not the case. THE best SEO consultant is the one who is proficient in different key areas of digital marketing and advertising. Apart from title and meta description, SEO consultant has other skills like writing and web designing as well.
Below are a few of the skills, an SEO consultant needs to have:
• Proficiency in search keywords
• Complete know-how of HTML
• Usage of keywords on a website
• Copywriting skills
• Well aware of infographics and videos etc
• Key page search and how to build links to those pages
• Impacts of Technical SEO
• Knowledge of new trends
• Know how to google algorithm changes